The 1984 Volkswagen Watercooled Westfalia Vanagon Camper Model History.
In late 1983 the new version of the Volkswagen Westfalia Vanagon Camper was released. The main difference between this and the earlier versions was that it was now powered by a water cooled engine.
The information below is relating to the 1984 Watercooled Vanagon Camper for the USA / Canadian market with the beige furniture and the brown/green or brown/blue upholstery. To read about the earlier air-cooled and diesel (water cooled) Volkswagen T25 / T3 Westfalia Vanagons manufactured and registered between 1980 and 1983 CLICK HERE.
The VW Westfalia Vanagon campers were designed for the market in the USA and Canada and were available only in Poptop (elevating roof) form. Whereas the models built for Europe were available in both poptop and hightop versions.
1) 1984 Watercooled VW Westfalia Vanagon Camper engine options and approx price (inclusive tax when new in standard form):
No prices yet so if you have any information or price lists for the Watercooled USA Volkswagen Westfalia Vanagon camper please send them to me.
The 1984 watercooled Westfalia Vanagon Camper was available in one layout.
This was the same layout as had been used in the aircooled Vanagon P27 (Pop Top).
1984 Volkswagen Westfalia Vanagon Camper Pop Top
The 1984 VW Westfalia Vanagon Camper layout consisted of:
1) Combination cupboard 87 cm wide x 45 cm deep on the left behind the drivers seat with sink, two flame LP gas cooker with splash plate. The splash plate folds down and can be used to drain dishes after washing. Also the unit has a cutlery draw, a large cupboard for tableware and a fridge.
2) Cupboard unit with 10.5 US Gallon (40 litre) integrated freshwater tank.
3) Wardrobe (with mirror on inside of door) and storage unit with 3 shelves over the engine bay.
4) Roof locker below roof bed.
5) Cushion 120 cm wide over the engine bay.
6) 3/4 width rock n roll bed for 2 persons (bed is 188 cm x 120 cm when folded out) with bedding storage area under seat.
7) Rear table on swinging arm (80 cm x 40 cm) with off white surface finish and dark brown edging trim.
8) Front table on swinging arm (60 cm x 40 cm) with off white surface finish and dark brown edging trim.
The 1984 Watercooled Westfalia Vanagon Camper had beige furniture and upholstery with either brown and blue or brown and green stripes (as had later versions of the aircooled Westfalia Vanagon Camper).
1984 Westfalia Vanagon Camper (Poptop) with “Van Dyck KD” (beige base with brown and blue stripes) upholstery
1984 Westfalia Vanagon Camper (Poptop) with “Van Dyck KW” (beige base with brown and green stripes) upholstery